ACCOUNTABILITY GROUPS COMING IN THE SPRING OF 2017. . .
SISTER 2 SISTER
Our “Sister 2 Sister:” accountability group is scheduled to launch in the Spring of 2017. Our desire is to create an atmosphere where young and adult women can gather for a time of reflection, sharing, and caring. Our desire is to connect with the young millennials of this generation.
We believe we need them and they need us. Regardless of our age differences it’s imperative to sit down at a table to discuss our view, ideas, and differences.
We want millennials to feel they can truly make a difference with their creativity, gifts, and talents they are so eager to share. It’s not about just attracting Millennials; It’s about making a remarkable hand-off of our experiences and wisdom to the next generation of leaders.
How we do that as Baby Boomers is our legacy and at the end of the day, if you don’t have Millennials, you don’t have anyone to hand-off your legacy to.
TITUS 2 TOUCH
Our “Titus 2 Touch” mentoring program is a mentoring program designed with both an individual and group mentoring concept in mind. The bible talks about how the older women in the church should mentor the younger women.
In Titus 2:3-5 is says, “Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God. They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers. Instead, they should teach others what is good.
These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God”.
We acknowledge there are countless wonderful books authored on the topic of mentoring and discipleship and just want to share a few simple brief statements from our research on the topic.
Mentoring = passing down of knowledge and training from one who is more experienced to one who is less experiences.
- 1. To show love and acceptance
- 2. Offer help when needed
- 3. Be open and transparent
- 4. Be a positive role model
Mentoring is a win/win situation – both giving to one another
Qualities of a mentor:
- 1. Spiritually disciplined
- 2. Woman of Good Character
- 3. Grounded in God’s Word
- 4. Live a life of Integrity, Consecration, and Humility
- 5. Daily consecration of self
- 6. Practices a daily life of Prayer and Praise
- 7. Be transparent and REAL!
GUIDELINES for the Titus 2 Touch Mentoring Program:
YOUR GOALS AS A MENTOR should be to INFLUENCE, IMPACT, and INSPIRE!
- Contact 2 X a month
- Once by phone
- Once in person
- Commitment for 12-months
- Do fun things together
- Be active in one another’s lives
- Discuss expectations and degree of commitment from both the mentor and mentee
- Commit to pray for one another
- Teach Godly principles
- Develop a relationship
- Be consistent/ stick with it
- Live a life of holiness
- Be a positive role model and an example to follow
Biblical and Practical Mentoring Topics: (Not exhaustive list)
- Fruit of the Spirit
- The Cross
- God’s Love (Unconditional)
- God’s Forgiveness
- Praise and Worship
- Power in the Blood of Jesus
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- Gifts of the Spirit
- The Armor of God
- Godly principles of Giving and Receiving
- Godly principles of Sowing, Reaping, and Tithing
Practical Topics: (Not an exhaustive list)
- Organization and De-Cluttering
- Raising Children in the 20th Century
- Friendships/ How to be a Friend
- First Things First
- How to become a “Cheerleader” for your Mate
- Unhealthy Soul Ties
- Soul Harmony